This course provides individuals supporting disaster recovery efforts with a foundation in National Disaster Recovery Framework (NDRF) key concepts, core principles and roles and responsibilities of NDRF leadership (including those of individuals and households to governmental entities at the local, State, tribal, and Federal levels, and between public, private and nonprofit sectors.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe why the NDRF was developed and its purpose.
- Describe the NDRF Recovery Continuum.
- Describe each of the NDRF’s nine Core Principles.
- Describe how each of the principles can be applied to disaster recovery.
- Describe successful recovery.
- Describe the respective recovery roles and key responsibilities of different stakeholders among sectors of the community.
- Describe the NDRF’s core planning principles.
- Describe local, State, tribal, and Federal recovery leadership roles and responsibilities.
- Define the term RSF.
- Describe the mission of the RSFs.
- Explain how the RSF structure is scalable to meet different levels of post-disaster needs.